Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

Gizmo and wire work

Wire is an increasing trend in jewellery making and although I have always liked and used wire in my papercrafting, I have very little knowledge of the ins and outs of the techniques - but I'm learning!
 
For a start I ordered a stock of different wire gauges and a Gizmo.
 
 
 
The Gizmo (priced £6/7) is easy to use.  It is recommended that it is mounted on your desk with a clamp, but I've found that I can use the tool in my hand without any difficulty.   The gauges of wires that I have tried are 0.6 and 0.8mm.  Also 1mm but this being a thicker structure it needs more care when coiling. 
 
 
coiled wire lmm and 0.6mm
 
 
This is my first attempt at making a clasp......
 
 
 
 
Not sure if this is something that I will be doing, unless I can manage to make it smaller and neater, but I can see the advantage of using this method for easy of fastening.  Nothing more frustrating than not being able to do up a bracelet!
 
If you have any suggestions or have mastered this technique - please share with us - we would all love to see your work. 
 
I have collated wire information on a separate page for convenience.  You will find this page listed under my blog heading. 
 
Thanks for dropping by and a warm welcome to my new followers.  
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have thought of using this method of making a clasp - I do have a gizmo stashed away somewhere but sadly neglected. So many 'things' and so few hours!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Always good hear views and news from friends.