Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

Hematite




Now this is a stone that I love!  Why you may ask ....well I do believe that this stone is a great help to anyone suffering with arthritis.  During the bowling season last year, a number of my team mates were suffering with the aches and pains this decease brings, sos I made them bracelets similar to the ones I wear to help reduce the pain in my hand and thumb joints -  they found that the stones also had beneficial effects for them.

On hearing this, Dave asked if I thought a chain would help with his neck pain.  So, beads out - chain made.  After wearing the chain for a couple of weeks, he gave it back saying his neck didn't hurt so he didn't need it - great result!!!!  3 days later the pain was back along with a request for return of the chain which he now wears always along with a strechty bracelet  - and guess what -  although not completely pain free, he no longer needs to take daily painkillers.

Good news spreads - now many of my friends have Hematite bracelets and have also found pain relief!   You could say it's in the mind?!?!?...maybe, but if avoiding taking painkillers -  does it matter?

The colour of Hematite can be from a silvery grey to black, or colour coated. It can also be magnetic and so should be avoided by anyone with a pacemaker, and from experience I know that hotel door keys can be wiped clean by just being next to a Hematite stone.  So just a warning not to put one anywhere near these beads or you'll be standing in the corridor like me, wondering "what's going on!!!    Hematite lifts and highlights stones.  It is also available in lots of different shapes and sizes and is reasonably priced.   In all,  it is a useful addition to your bead stash.

In this strechty I used three different shapes...

You can buy tibetan silver beads (a cheap alternative to silver but it doesn't wear as well) - with a 4mm hole that conveniently hides the knot - I prolong the looks by painting the bead with a clear nail varnish. 


This is a watch strap that looks dressy when I wear my tiara!

Again a strechty, but this one is a double strand and again a tibetan silver bead has made is possible to hide the knot! 

This is info I picked up from the web regarding this stone....

Physically: It is said that Hematite can help with:  leg cramps, blood disorders, nervous disorders, and insomnia. Spinal alignment and the proper healing of bones, breaks, and fractures.
Metaphysical:  Can be useful for a mental "tune up" and helps memory enhancement, original thinking and technical knowledge.  A good stone for IT personnel. 

It is a calming stone, but also offers support for your hopes, dreams, wishes, and desires by encouragaing you to "reach for the sun".  Hematite reminds you that the only limiations that exist are those that you place upon  yourself.  It helps to balance out the emotions and energies between the body, mind and spirit. and dissolves negativity.

Now you  will see why I like this stone so much  but as far as insomnis goes - it has failed to help me!BUT, if you are an arthritis sufferer, it's well worth a try. It will not cure your problem, but IT MAY HELP REDUCE THE PAIN!   If  you have found this to be a beneficial stone in any way - please let us know by leaving a comment. 
 
Thanks for dropping by,

2 comments:

  1. You have totally inspired me, Ikki! I am going to buy some Hematite beads and make a bracelet. I don't have that many aches and pains, but at 60+, I think it's a good idea to keep it that way using some holistic methods--like wearing pretty Hematite jewelry, for example. Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very attractive - not keen on being around anything magnetic myself. For some reason (may be coincidence)I have experienced 'passing out' feelings when around magnets.- on more than one occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Always good hear views and news from friends.